Friday, May 14, 2010

How do get my rabbit to pee in his litter box?

i want him to pee in his litter box instead of underneath his water bottle for obvious reasons.





He's neutered (for about 3 years now)





He's (5 years old)





He's a dutch bunny





he's the only rabbit i have





and the only medication he's on is his ear medicine





he'll poop in his litter box but he won't pee in it.





any tips or solutions?How do get my rabbit to pee in his litter box?
My bunny had some confusion with his litter box too! After doing some reading, I made a few changes. One....his litter box was too small for him. I had bought one for bunnies at Pet Smart and it was just too small. I went and bought a bigger litter box and two.....I put lots of Timothy Hay at one end of the litter box. This fixed the problem. Hope it helps!!!How do get my rabbit to pee in his litter box?
I'm so happy it worked! :) I'm glad I was able to help!!!!!

Report Abuse



He might just think that is his pee spot. Try moving the water bottle and then moving the litter box to where the water bottle is now. Also you might try cleaning out the cage with something to mask the odor of the pee spot. Even though he is neutered he could be marking his spot.
try moving his box to where his watterbottle is. if he uses it leave it there for a few days then if it's in the way move it back to where it was and see if he get's the hint.





my rabbit was easy to train. he's 5ish and he picked up the litter box the first time i put him in it. but he doesn't have one in his cage, he's only in his cage at night.
put his water bottle on the top of the litter box.
  • sunscreen protection
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment