Friday, May 14, 2010

How many channels can rabbit ears get?

I just moved to Carlsbad, CA and don't want to pay a lot for cable tv. My apartment complex has limited options, none of which I am happy with. I'd like to try rabbit ears or a small antenna but I'm not sure how many channels I will actually get or how clear they will be. I do have one unit above me but live high on a hill. Anyone have a guess? Anyone live in the area and have experience with this?How many channels can rabbit ears get?
if you don't have a digital tv make sure you have a box and you should be fine but thoose boxes are ****.How many channels can rabbit ears get?
If you have an old analog TV, you won't get any signal without a digital converter box. This site ranks some:





http://www.digitalconverterboxreviews.co鈥?/a>





With rabbit ears and a digital converter box, the signals you get depend on your location and the signal strength of the local TV stations. Sorry that's a vague answer, but it's a fact. Most likely, you will be able to pick up your major affiliates -- NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox -- as those tend to have the strongest antennae.





Don't spend a lot on a pair of rabbit ears. The old pair you have should be fine; if it's not, you can go to Radio Shack and pick up any TV antenna there. Don't pay over $25 (and you can probably get by with $10-15).
5 channels i live in cali and trust me TV sucks with no money I cry every time i turn on the tv for a year now and have learned to use hulu





http://www.hulu.com





to catch up on all my tv shows i used to watch on cable man it sucks





you can also get mp3 rocket and they play mtv on there also its the cheap way to go when you dont have money





http://download.cnet.com/MP3-Rocket/3000鈥?/a>
rabbit ears are limited but RCA makes an electric set that plugs in the wall. It has 45db of power. I used these for quite some time and if you are within 35-45 miles of the TV transmitting tower they work very well.


As for how many channels you will get that depends on how many stations are close by.


You can buy these antennas at Wal-mart for about 29.00
Though I don't live in that region, with my personal experiences, I get about 12 channels which include a couple multi-lingual channels, NBC, ABC, FOX, CBS, UPS, PBS, CW...etc...
None. The US Government switched to Digital, you will need a converter box.
My guess is that rabbit ears won't pull in much. Find out what your neighbors' reception is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment