Friday, May 14, 2010

Should I take my rabbit to a animal clinic?

I've been having a pet rabbit for about 2 years now and all of sudden he's acting weird. He's barely eating. And he just doesn't want to do anything! Usually If i put him on the floor he'll jump and run around the house full of life. But now he just easy doing anything! He also he's a little lighter and not heavy. Which is very odd. I'm really concerned and I want to take him to a clinic next week. Anyone know of any animal clinic that treats rabbits in the cobb county area or Atlanta, Ga?Should I take my rabbit to a animal clinic?
You need to know if the rabbit is pooping. If he is not pooping you need to go to the vet fast. When something is wrong, the rabbits don't last to long. Does your rabbit stay outdoors? What do you feed it?Should I take my rabbit to a animal clinic?
vet vet vet. now.
I need more infermation to help you...your rabbit isn't going to make it long with out help I don't think..is it eating?? is it pooping and is it a long haird rabbit? Off the top of my head with out any idea of what is going on I would look for wool block...the simptoms are..dry looking poop or strung to gether poop with wool or very small droppings.if the rabbit is not eating it needs a shot of Vitamin B if possable I would give it about 1/2 cc, also you can use veg. oil about 2 cc 2 times a day for 3 days or you can use patrolum jelly, Free choice hay and take away all pelleted feed for a day.Also Papya tablets they eat them like candy and it helps and fresh pineapple if she is still eating. Lettuce is not good for rabbits it has to much water in it and causes diareah but if wool block is the problem a little bit won't hurt her if she is still eaeting well. If this is not the problem please e-mail me with more info and I will try to help you. hortfan@yahoo
im not forsure where a vet would be down there but, i just bought an 8month old female and shes not eating and has a few other problems, heres what i would buy get sundrop for rabbits you put it in there water for vitamins , and get some laxatone its for cats but it will help the rabbits digestive system which will clean it out so that they will want to eat and if you want get some probiotics for dogs but it will help , a vet wont tell you to much , but if you dont want all that just use sundrop and laxatone trust me it will help and the sundrops or probiotics just get mixed in water dont use both mixed together though and the laxatone they will either lick it off your finger if not put it on there food, and hopefully this will help get him healthier, oh and get some alfafa because they will eat on there food or the alfafa which my female that is sick hasnt ate to much food but she has munched on alfafa , so they can at least have some type of food in there system OH AND P.S. RABBITS CAN LIVE LIKE 8-12 YEARS. , but please try the things i told you because i vet can go up to 200 dollars., i found that out i have 3 at home, oh and it might help if you cut some apples and bananas up , some fruit , and things like romaine lettuce

No comments:

Post a Comment