Friday, May 14, 2010

How do I convince my mom to let me get a rabbit?

Ok I want to get a bunny. I went on line to the shelter and found a bunny named Lenny he is so cute. My mom says there is not enough space for him. What should I doHow do I convince my mom to let me get a rabbit?
Rabbits need alot of space. I begged my mom for a rabbit too when I was in high school- I loved my rabbit, but he cost me alot of money.





Not only do they need space, but they have very sensitive digestive tracts so you have to be careful as to what you feed them.





Rabbits are perhaps the hardest animals to bond to, unless you understand their psyche. I could go on for hours about that, but that's not what you asked, so I'll leave it at: rabbits may not be the best option if the space is the main issue.





But if you're going to get Lenny, just make sure you have the time (and I mean TIME) for him, and money in case he gets sick.





I'm not trying to talk you out of it, but after having many, many rabbits, I try not to recommend them to people unless they have, 1. the space, 2. the time, and 3. the money.





But kudos on wanting a pet and looking for one in a shelter! If only more ';pet owners-to-be'; looked in shelters....How do I convince my mom to let me get a rabbit?
Evaluate your living situation. Your room in particular. A rabbit should have a fairly large cage in which to move, unless you're absolutely certain you can let it out for several hours a day, minimum. If you go too small and your rabbit doesn't get enough exercise, he will fight his way out of his cage. Don't underestimate his determination.





See what you can rearrange or remove altogether to make room for a spacious cage.





Also, it's worth considering making Lenny a free roaming rabbit. Rabbits can be litter trained, if you stick with it, and once Lenny gets on track with good litter habits, he won't be any more of a problem than a cat.
try to convince her by being responsible for the whole week/time and then while being responsible try to make a compromise with her like if im responsible then can we hav a rabbit? also try to clean up some space so there is extra space for the rabbit


PLZ ANSWER MY MOST RECENT QUESTION
Heh Thats a toughy! I have been convincing my parents to get me a monkey for years and they finally got tired of hearing it haha....i told my dad that i would hand him the money for everything before we got it and he said yes, however i dont know if you would be willing to do that. Either way, GOOD LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment