Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Would it be alright if put my unspayed rabbit with my nuetured male rabbit?

And if its ok whats a good way for me to introduce them when i get my female rabbit. Because it say rabbits are socail animals so i would like to get my boy rabbit a friend.Would it be alright if put my unspayed rabbit with my nuetured male rabbit?
It would be a great idea for your rabbit to have a friend, but just plan to have the female spayed sometime soon. if you want to you can just get them used to each other by putting their cages next to each other until after you get the female spayed. To introduce the rabbits, put both of them in a place that the male rabbit does not usually go, because if you put both of them in the same area, he may be territorial towards her. find a sort of neutral territory place they can meet. they will immediately establish who is the dominant, which is shown by mounting, so don't be afraid if they do that. it's just part ofthe natural order of things in the rabbit world.Would it be alright if put my unspayed rabbit with my nuetured male rabbit?
Yeah it would be okay. At least one of them is fixed. But yeah, maybe put them in the yard together and see how they react to each other. It's something to get used to.
They need to both be spayed/neutered or they probably won't get along. It's not just about preventing reproduction - it's behavioral. Intact female rabbits will be territorial, moody, and have problems with sexual aggression.





Spayed females and neutered males, though, usually get along well.





Here's some info on spaying/neutering and rabbit introductions:


http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/spay-鈥?/a>


http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/intro鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment