Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Why does my pet rabbit shove all of the bedding out of his cage?

I just bought a pet rabbit, and I also went and bought him some of that REALLY soft white bedding that is supposed to absorb odors. Well, sure enough, he shoves all of the bedding out of the cage, and makes a mess of it on my floor. He lays in a spot with NO bedding. What's the point of me buying bedding for him if he prefers to lie in NONE?Why does my pet rabbit shove all of the bedding out of his cage?
Rabbits, hamsters, rats, %26amp; other certain animals are an animal who lives underground in their natural habitat, thats why they often do dig moves which mess up the bedding.





I have hamsters %26amp; they did it too :) . If you don't want your pet mess up the bedding, put it in the big food container box. This can be use as a cage (which I did too for my hamsters). This food container have high wall, so your rabbit still can do dig moves, but didn't mess up your floor :) .





And the function of bedding is not for the bed, but to absob the odors of it's pee %26amp; poop. And bedding also help your rabbit to keep it warm. When there is a lot of cold air, your rabbit will collect bedding around its body. It is like a blanket for human.Why does my pet rabbit shove all of the bedding out of his cage?
Its called Bunching, Rabbits like to organise things - my rabbit always shoves his bedding around and sleeps on nothing, but what i found is he makes this circle like thing out of his beding and just sleeps in the middle so im guessing he still stays very warm.





Remember that a rabbits natural habitat is grass/dirt, they arnt used to soft fluffy bedding. Dont panic over it, hes being quite normal:)

No comments:

Post a Comment