Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Where is the best place to keep a pet rabbit and should i get one rabbit or two?

I am getting a rabbit for my birthday and we weren't sure where to place it in our house, or outside... Also. Should i get a companion for my bunny or just one?Where is the best place to keep a pet rabbit and should i get one rabbit or two?
I keep my 2 rabbits outside, I have 2 males. My older rabbits is fine with my younger one, but my younger one hates the oldest one. Copper (youngest) attacks Jasper (the oldest) if he gets near him. So now they have to be seperated at all times. I would start out with one, rabbits are a big responsibility. Good luck with your new pets(s)





http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb191鈥?/a>


^ Jasper





http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb191鈥?/a>


^ CopperWhere is the best place to keep a pet rabbit and should i get one rabbit or two?
Rabbit I think should live outside....also I'd suggest getting a male rabbit they are more friendly apparntly. It's up to you if you want 2 but get them at the same time from the same place as rabbits can get funny with each other and fight. Also if you want two make sure they are both the same sex lol you wouldn't want them to make more babies.





I have a rabbit - only one - hes a male and doesnt seem to need company at all - he seems to like his big cage all to himself because he is greedy and spolit lol!
Your rabbit should live inside. Believe it or not rabbits can get sicknesses such as heat stroke. Rabbits are easily frightened by predators such as hawks, and even dogs and cats. I would suggest one rabbit( to start with anyway). You should adopt a rabbit from your local House Rabbit Society. Over 1,000,000 rabbits are uthenized each year due to a lack of homes. You should know that, before you get a bunny, that they may not be what you expect! Rabbits do not like to be picked up or carried around. My bunny, Chocolate, hates being held. I just have to be happy sitting on the floor next to him when I snuggle him. You should get your bunny spayed/nuetered, especially if it is a female, due to uterus cancer.If your rabbit is going gets less than 2-3 hours of attention a day, I would suggest a bonded pair (hubby and wife). Rabbits are not good pets for children under 11 years of age because they will resist being picked up even if it means scratching its owner. I have been scratched hundreds of times by my bunny, not on purpose, but when my Bunny is trying to escape being held in a way he doesn't like.


If you have any questions, email me at elilaigm@comcast.net
You should get 2 or he/she will get sad because they always want someone to play with and don't feed them bad stuff. In the house because I use to own 2 rabbits and when I let them go they hopped off, but I got them back in the house. Make a tiny like medium area and let them play in it for a few hours. Don't feed them anything, but carrots and rabbit food. My rabbits are doing fine too. 2 Is the best option for lonely bunnies.
you want to keep them in a large, large, hut inside or outside. you should get two so that they have company so when you are not around he/she has a companion. hope this helps! good luck!
Get one. Get a big cage. You can keep it outside as long as its not too hot or cold, but i'd reccomend keeping it in the house.
look up as much info as you can before getting one

No comments:

Post a Comment