Friday, January 22, 2010

How many times should I clean out my rabbit's cage?

I wanted to know how many times a week should I clean out my rabbits cage? Once a week tree times a week, WHAT? And how should I clean out my rabbits cage? Also, what should I use to fill up his cage.





He has a litter box


I use news paper as his bedding, should I use something different??








I need help please!


Thanks.How many times should I clean out my rabbit's cage?
well you should clean it out once or twice a week. if it has a plastic bottom, dump all the bedding in a garbage bag then clean it out with a hose or in the sink.with a wooden bottom, just dump it out. if you have a wired bottom that is not good for there feet so you shouldn't use that cage.you should put timothy hay, new bedding, ( if its newspaper, make sure its safe for animals some ink is not.) maybe a house( igloo) , fresh food and water, and you should be good to go. hope i helped :DHow many times should I clean out my rabbit's cage?
It depends on how dirty it gets. Usually once a week is good, although if you have a messy bunny you might need to do it twice. It's really not good to use anything with ink for pet bedding, as the ink can be harmful to the pets. If you go to Wal Mart, they have a few different options to choose from. I used the CareFresh bedding made from recycled paper and such. My bunny liked it. You can also use hay, alfalfa until about six months of age, then use timothy hay.





Good luck, bunnies are the greatest pets!
Make sure that your rabbit has a constant supply of fresh hay, as it is very important to his health. You can use this as a bedding over the newspaper if you like. Depending on how much he uses his litter tray, and how much he makes a mess in other areas of the cage, you will need to clean out your cage at least once a week. I clean the bedding area of my guinea pigs' hutch every few days, and the entire thing about once a week. It's really a matter of looking and smelling. If you can see lots of waste, wet patches and spilled food etc. it's probably time to clean it out!
I would say to clean out his cage once a week and change his litter box every day. You can use news paper but that doesn't work as good as something like aspen or carefree. Don't use the normal pine stuff every book i read said it is bad for animals.
at least twice a week





return the favour?http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;…

No comments:

Post a Comment