Saturday, January 23, 2010

What kind of rabbit is good for me?

I have never had a pet to myself before and I am suppose to be getting a pet rabbit for my good grades what kind should I get that would not bite as much.What kind of rabbit is good for me?
Ignore all these people saying stuff about eating them, they really need to get a life.





I love Rabbits, i had one a couple of years ago, they;re not that hard to keep and are really lovely to handle. I had a dwarf rabbi, grey/white. They make a great pet and they love to have the run of the garden. Keep him/her safe though, my rabbit was so funny he used to play with my cat and dog they used to lay with each other and everything, but always keep and eye, and make sure your garden is secure, as they are good diggers!!





Dwarf rabbits are small, friendly, hardey and love cuddles. From experiance they do not bite, mine bit my dad once but this was when my rabbit was a bit ill. Dwarf rabbits live up to 5 years and are good for all the famiely.





Well done on your good grades, i hope you find a lovely rabbit that you will love for years! xx





-Cameron-What kind of rabbit is good for me?
Thanks, and good luck with you and your rabbit!





Thanks for the points too...





-Cameron x

Report Abuse



I'd say that instead you should get 2 Guinea Pigs. they're clean, don't smell, are smarter and love to communicate with you as well as a Guinea Pig friend. (They like to have company!)





Congratulations on the grades! You've earned it ... and I'm sure you'll make a loving 'parent'! x
Hope this helps. See the web site; there's a lot on it.





Choosing a Rabbit


Rabbits have different personalities so it is difficult to make generalizations about breeds. In general though, a medium to large breed adult rabbit is usually better for a child. They will command the most respect from a child and are easier to pet because they have larger heads. Dwarf breeds tend to be more excitable, energetic, and aggressive. Baby rabbits are very active, often nippy, and chew everything in sight. Adult rabbits are more easily litter-and house-trained, especially after spaying or neutering. You will also have a better idea of a rabbits personality if you choose an adult who is spayed or neutered.
Honestly i think u should get a guinea pig because they are more playful then rabbits and dont bite but only if u have a scent of food on ur hand and put ur finger by it it wiill nibble but it donsen't hurt. I have had a guinea pig for two weeks now andd he is very playful, eats alot of fruits and veggies, and loves when i take him out the cage. So i think a guinea pig is more fun than a rabbit. so think about it.
I have had 5 rabbits so far in my life 3 are still with the family


Thumper is 9


Marshmallow is 1 1/2


Princess is 1


I've only been bitten once and that was when I got in between the two younger ones when they were fighting. Larger rabbits tend to be more tame and the smaller can be hyper but this isn't always the rule. Rabbits personalities very from rabbit to rabbit


I do suggest that you go to your local shelter. The rabbits there are always looking for a good home. and they have already been spayed/neutered which will help out with temperament, health issues, behavior, and marking of territory


It might be also wise to do some research before you buy so you know what your getting into. I read the house rabbit hand book, and even though I've had at least one of them for 6yrs now I still refer to it


Good luck
I suggest that you go to a shelter and see a bunch at once. Teh volunteers should be able to help you out. Besides thpse buns will come with a spay or nueter in the adoption fee and you'll be saving a life!
It's behaviour will be dependant on more things than it's breed, such as where you got it from. To be safe though i would suggest a dwarf.
grey ones like bugs bunny
Pet rabbits are not good, they have too much fat.


Get a wild rabbit, tastes nicer
The king that is cooked on a plate in front of you
rabbit pie is good ...yum
I had a 'Netherland Dwarf' rabbit as a pet once. Very good natured, and small (as the name suggests). I don't remember being bitten, as such. Rabbits bite if they feel threatened.
Good grades = a rabbit (bit only if its a cutesy ickle one that doesn't bite?) You'll get bored of a rabbit. Why not ask your parents for a different incentive to do your school work???
Well as a experianced pet keeper i would recomend a dwarf rabbit. They can be easy to tame and easy to look after. People say rabbits smell, well they can do off corse but i clean mine out every 3 days. This includes new bedding and a quick poop removal. When looking for your new friend i suggest you check for mites or ticks as this will make your pet uncomfy and will bite. Not many rabbits will bite unless you give it bad respect.





:) thanx for listening

No comments:

Post a Comment