Sunday, January 24, 2010

Is it a good idea to rename a pet rabbit ?

My friend got this bunny, and his name is Rollo, but she hates the name, and wants to rename him Nathaniel or something. He's about 2 years old. Is this a good idea ?Is it a good idea to rename a pet rabbit ?
It's fine to rename the rabbit. My Friend renamed the rabbit she got from her sister and it was 4 years old. It didn't seem to mind much. I don't think they care about their name as much as we do. Both names are nice to me though.Is it a good idea to rename a pet rabbit ?
It's fine. Animals do not understand their name as a 'name' in the way humans do. To them, it is a command (that means ';hey, look at me';, or ';come here';). Assigning a new name to an animal is like teaching a new basic command- it's easy for them to catch on, and it won't confuse them.
Sure. But it might not work. It is like giving a dog or cat a different name. It make take him some time to respond or know you are talking to him. If he doesn't start to respond in a month then I would change it back.
I always re-name animals. I don't want them to associate me with their past owners. They don't care trust me.
Rename him and move on with life, I'm sure the bunny will be fine.
It will be fine.
  • sunscreen protection
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment