Friday, January 22, 2010

What breed of rabbit is the best?

I am looking for a small (less than 6 pounds) rabbit that is cute and friendly, playfull, easy to train and sweet. What is the best rabbit for me?What breed of rabbit is the best?
Sweetie I would get a dwarf rabbit they are tiny and cute. You can litter box train nearly any rabbit and let it run the house like a cat. Litter box training was easy just place the rabbit in a box with newspapers in the bottom. Leave the rabbit in the box until it would go pee on the newspaper and tear that part of the paper off and place it in a litter box with either corn cob bedding, pine chips or cedar chips. Next take the rabbit and place it in the litter box and let it sniff the wet paper. The rabbit will go back and use the litter box every time it needs to go pottie. I was really surprised how fast they can learn to do that. There has only been one time I had problems with litter box training a rabbit and that was when the person that lived in a house before me had dogs and cats that had wet on the floor, the rabbit picked up the smell and wet in the places were they wet at.What breed of rabbit is the best?
I use to live on a farm and bred several different types of rabbits. There are two small ones that I would recommend the most as pets. One is the minature lop eared rabbit, the other is the minature rex rabbit. They are both very cute, small and cuddly.





Be sure to handle the rabbit every single day to keep him friendly. A tamed rabbit can revert back to wild very quickly if you do not handle them and they have some very sharp claws.





Hope this helps - good luck!
I have mini-rexes. They're cute, friendly, and learn pretty easily. It took only a few days for them to learn what time the treats came. Plus, they remain rather small and come in a variety of colors.
either a dutch or mini lop


i have a dutch and he is trained to use a litter tray and is really friendly and loves cuddles and to run around the garden
I was going to say Flemish Giant...until I read the details. LOL. (Sorry I love gentle giants of every species...)











Netherland Dwarfs are pretty neat.





GOOD LUCK!
  • wholesale cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment