Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How can I keep hay for my house rabbit tidy?

I have had my house rabbit for about a month now %26amp; am thinking of getting rid of its large cage as he is now litter trained and gets the run of the house but does anyone have any suggestions how I can leave hay out for him with minimal mess?How can I keep hay for my house rabbit tidy?
If you are US based then here's something worth getting





http://www.arcatapet.com/item.cfm?cat=64鈥?/a>





If you aren't hope I've been of some assistance anywayHow can I keep hay for my house rabbit tidy?
I would not get rid of his cage. This is a good retreat for him that he can go into to call his ';own room';. Just like a dog appreciates a crate as his own den, a cat with his own sunny window or cat tree hiding spot, your rabbit will like to have his own place to go to for quiet, sleep, or eating. Keep a hay rack in his cage along with his blanket, food, and water bowls. Leave it open (with a ramp if need be) for him to go in and out of as he pleases. Keeping the hay in the rack in his cage will minimize the mess around the house and he'll still have a place to call his own.
vicki: what you need is a tote or container for him to be able to ';go into'; like a rabbit feeding garage. Then place a small carpet like a sample or something like a door mat at the entrance so any hay picked up by the feet as the rabbit exits will be picked up by the rug! then a dustbuster or small sweeper can be used just in this small area!


Good luck and happy hopping!



Put the hay in a big bowl and put the bowl inside a box. Not a big tall box, but a wide box but has a opening or is low enough so the rabbit can hop in there to eat.
get a hay rack from a pet store


http://www.petsathome.com/find/category-鈥?/a>
Pack some into a used toilet roll, i do that with mine so it doesn't go every where
Go get a cheap litter box somewhere for cats. Just small one if you want. Put it in there. Hope helped!
put it in a container!

No comments:

Post a Comment