Friday, January 22, 2010

How many times should I clean out my rabbit's cage?

I wanted to know how many times a week should I clean out my rabbits cage? Once a week tree times a week, WHAT? And how should I clean out my rabbits cage? Also, what should I use to fill up his cage.





He has a litter box


I use news paper as his bedding, should I use something different??








I need help please!


Thanks.How many times should I clean out my rabbit's cage?
Light clean daily and completely clean one a week





How to Properly Cage your Rabbit


http://www.ehow.com/how_5015678_properly鈥?/a>How many times should I clean out my rabbit's cage?
Clean it out twice a week and scoop out the wet sawdust daily.





You can use newspaper, sawdust, hay or straw. There not expensive.





I clean my rabbits out on a sunday and a thursday or wednesday.





To clean it out i use warm soap water and then rinse it out with water. I give it a good scrub and then dry the main dampness with paper towel. I dont bother with the spray but if im honest i think im going to start. Just to see if it makes a difference. But i find just by doing that my hutches dont smell. Im just going to try it because i havce a male rabbit who likes to pee every where which isnt good.





Make sure you check your rabbit daily for maggots as it wouldnt be good if it got fly strike. This is a result from a dirty hutch.





Make sure anyshavings, poo.....what ever that falls on the floor gets sweeped up. Make sure you sweep under the hutch at least once a week, i do mine twice a week.
I scoop the poop and mess out of my rabbits' cages daily and give it a thorough clean weekly. For bedding lay down a thick pile of newspaper and hay on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment