Sunday, January 24, 2010

Can a female rabbit get pregnant when they are under 10 weeks old?

My female bunny had babies on 1st May. They are now about 13 weeks old. One of the female babies is sitting in her cardboard box and not letting me get her out. She is normally very friendly. I managed to get her out, and when I put on my carpet she just ran normally. I have a small suspicion that she could be pregnant as she had been living with her brother until she was 10 weeks old. Please help! Thank you.Can a female rabbit get pregnant when they are under 10 weeks old?
At tens weeks of age a rabbit cannot get pregnant. Their reproductive systems are not completely developed at that age. Now by the time they reach 4 months (16 weeks) they can become pregnant and in a doe that young it can end in her death and the kits.


Siblings will mate and the offspring can have defectives (mostly in the teeth and eyes). Rabbits should be separated by sex by the time they are 8 weeks old. better safe than sorry.


I hope for the sake of the little doe that she is not, stranger things have happened but I think she is not. She is probably just tired of being harassed by her siblings.Can a female rabbit get pregnant when they are under 10 weeks old?
You do know you cant mate brother and sister and should seperate them when they are 8 weeks old? I got told by my vet that they cant get pregnant under 4-5 months so dont worry. By the sounds of it she just needs alot more attention then the others or likes to be left alone or is just lazy.





Take her to the vet if you need this confirmed :)
I highly doubt that your female rabbit is pregnant. Normally they can't have babies till 5 months old but, it's best to wait till 6 months.(I would get her spayed, but she is your rabbit so it is not up to me.) Rabbits will try to mate anything. I once saw one humping a cat till the cat broke free of grasp. When litter mates mate the babies will have a lot of birth defects in random areas.
could be possible as they mature at 6 weeks old keep an eye on her.


also the pregnancy lasts up to 30 to 32 days. if she starts to pull her fur out then that means she is getting ready to give birth. make sure you separate the male from her other wise he will kill the babys.
nope they cant get pregnant until at least 3 months most of the time its 6 months before they are completely matured.. at 10 weeks old there is no way she got bred, she is probably just acting out so just keep working with her and playing with her and she will be fine i dont even wean my kits until they are 8 weeks old....
It depends on the breed, but the answer is yes, your rabbit could be pregnant that young. Not highly likely, but it has happened before.
Rabbits generally reach seual maturity at 6 months but it could be possible so bring her to your vet. A pregnancy at such a young age is going to be terribly draining.





xxxxxxxxx
I think it is possible. You should take her to a vet because she could also just be sick.
Take her to the vet.
um... no i don't think so, she hasen't developed her girly bits yet!
guess so

No comments:

Post a Comment