Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Can my rabbit over heat if he lays on my floor heater for too long?

He is about 10 weeks old and he's decided that his favorite place to hang out is on the floor heater whenever its turned on. He always just seems really happy when he's laying there. I know that rabbits can't cool themselves so I'm worried he might over heat. Please just let me know what you think. I just want to make sure the heater won't hurt him!Can my rabbit over heat if he lays on my floor heater for too long?
Yes he can.


I've had several rabbits overheat just from being outside in the sun too long.





Let him relax there for a half hour or so, but then put him somewhere cool, like the bathroom.Can my rabbit over heat if he lays on my floor heater for too long?
Maybe let him lay there for a bit but the after a while pick him up and take him somewhere else. Depending on how hot the floor heater is it may be possible for him to burn his feet accidently, but im not quite sure but hope this helps
It will literally cook his insides. I'm not being sarcastic. Get him a warming pillow or something that doesn't generate too much heat
I think that if the rabbit felt like it was over-heating he would move on his own. I wouldnt worry about it. As long as he drinks water.
Nah, he wont over heat. Just unplug the cord when youre done playing with him.
i would let it but every 10 minus put water on it











they love it
try just turning the heat down a small bit = )
im sure, like all living beings, it will
i wouldn't take the risk


my bunny died of a heat stroke =''[


so i get a little worried about these things

No comments:

Post a Comment