Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Can a rabbit survive in a large hamster cage?

Im getting a free rabbit but I have no idea where to put him %26amp; my yard space does not allow me to create a proper home. If I have to I will but will he survive in a hamster cage?Can a rabbit survive in a large hamster cage?
I would not put a rabbit in a large hamster cage. Get a cage made for a rabbit! Your not going to get away with it....








!Your Welcome!Can a rabbit survive in a large hamster cage?
No, I don't believe so. One of my acquaintances at school lets her bunny roam the house like a dog. I'm not so sure what your house is like so I don't know whether you would be able to. You can put him on a table in your room and usually guest rooms are a great place because guests will enjoy looking at the pet. The reason is that rabbits need to have a sense of freedom and even a large hamster cage wouldn't fit the need. But, however, a cage 36'; long and 12'; wide would do the trick. God, sometimes I wonder how I know so much about animals I don't even have a pet.
Um no, hamster cages are usually small you know...


As someone else said, why not let your rabbit roam around in the house? My friend's rabbit does but he does poop a lot and shred the carpet...





If that isn't an option then I'm sure you'll be able to find a small hutch that would allow a rabbit to live in it comfortably!!





If not then maybe you shouldn't get a rabbit...





Anyway, good luck!
Rabbits really are a huge responsibility, almost as much as a dog or cat. A rabbit can definitely not live in a hamster cage. They need a lot of space or else they start ';spraying';. My recommendation would be a C and C cage which are roomy, cheap, and easy to make plus you can make them however you want them to be. The website about them is:


http://guineapigcages.com

No comments:

Post a Comment