Friday, January 22, 2010

Is it dangerous to handle and clean out my rabbit now that i am pregnant?

I know some animal poo can be really dangerous during pregnany. I cant seem to get an answer anywhere on the internet and I'm not seeing my midwife for a while. Can anyone help?Is it dangerous to handle and clean out my rabbit now that i am pregnant?
It's just cat feces that can carry toxoplasmosis to my knowledge. Just wear gloves, as you should be doing anytime you clean an animal's cage or litter, and wash well afterwards. And there are no worries if the animal is a strictly indoor pet anyway, it cannot carry diseases if it is not exposed to any.Is it dangerous to handle and clean out my rabbit now that i am pregnant?
Wear protective gloves and be careful. If you are in doubt, ask someone to do it for you.
i think it's just cats. can't you call your midwife and ask? also, you could use it as a good excuse to get someone else to do it :)
my doctor told me that it is strictly cats. I have a python and asked her about that and she said that it was fine, just make sure you wash your hands well when you are finished.
it can be, wear a mask and take a shower when you are done!
I've never heard anything about rabbits but I have heard it EVERYWHERE about cat litter.

No comments:

Post a Comment