Saturday, January 23, 2010

Why does my rabbit circle me and hump my calf?

She runs around you and humps my leg, why we bought her as a baby. Is she going through bunny puberty? She is about 4 months old.Why does my rabbit circle me and hump my calf?
She probably is starting puberty and if you want that to stop you should have her spayed. Otherwise you can't do much about that.Why does my rabbit circle me and hump my calf?
Because it's time to have your rabbit altered. Also do not be surprised if 'she' is actually a 'he'. Mistakes are often made in sexing rabbits when they are young, especially if you bought from a pet store. While female rabbits will often hump other rabbits as a show of dominance, it would be unusual for a 4 month old female to hump you. If you don't have your rabbit spayed/neutered (as applicable) the behavior will only get worse. Especially if the rabbit is already exhibiting dominant sexual behavior, expect the next development to be urine spraying and/or viciously biting.
Spaying is the best answer. It stops most unwanted behaviors and even makes litter training easier. However, don't be surprised if she keeps hopping around your feet- she may do that because she's happy to see you or just wants your attention. My bun used to like to run figure 8's around my legs.
lol, its horny XP


lol. yeah, its probably in heat. =] I recommend having it spayed or neutered or whatever. unless ur planning on breeding them =]

No comments:

Post a Comment