Friday, January 22, 2010

If my rabbit is pregnant will she start to make total messes in her cage on purpose?

my rabbit has been making big messes in her cage. i mean throwing her litter all over, dumping her food out her hay for her nest all over the cage. is this normal ?????If my rabbit is pregnant will she start to make total messes in her cage on purpose?
Your rabbit is probably in heat. I notice that my rabbits do this every now and again. I don't think she is pregnant..but if you assume she is give her more straw and see if she is building a nest (motherly instinct)If my rabbit is pregnant will she start to make total messes in her cage on purpose?
I think it is quite normal. It is some form of nesting instinct that lots of animals do
Yep and you will see lots of fur the day or two before she gives birth. She will pluck herself to insulate the babies. Give her a fresh clean hand towel (with mom's permission) and she will use that too.
yes because she is trying to make a nest
Yes its normal. she is restless and wants something to do...she should start making a nest soon if there is a box in her cage but if there isnt she will make it in the corner with some of her hay. there isnt really anything you can do about her making messes. good luck!





~julia

No comments:

Post a Comment