Saturday, January 23, 2010

When can my rabbit have a friend after neutering?

My 2 year old male rabbit was neutered a few days ago, and i have just bought an 8 week old female rabbit. Shes going to go in a seperate cage from my male rabbit until there allowed together. How many weeks do i have to wait until i can introduce them to each other?When can my rabbit have a friend after neutering?
Hi there.





Being an experienced breeder, I recommend you wait at least two weeks for the area that was operated on, to heal and sort itself out.





Though, I do suggest that you get the new female spayed, too. Otherwise she will be mating the male non-stop and he will get stressed out.





I hope I helped you out - good luck!When can my rabbit have a friend after neutering?
6 weeks is a safe period after the operation.


It is also a good idea to have the doe spayed when she is internally mature enough to have a first litter. This is usually around 6 months for an average size rabbit.


this will prevent territorial aggression from the doe and dominant mounting from both sexes
You will also normally need to get the female done too. Otherwise she will harass him non stop for sex, female rabbits get very very broody.
when my cats got spayed and neutered we kept them separet for about a week


but u dont have to wait more than 2 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment