Saturday, January 23, 2010

What kind of rabbit harness works, and will fit a very small Holland lop?

I want to get a harness for my Holland lop so that I can take him out to the park, but I don't want to buy one that he can slip out of easily.What kind of rabbit harness works, and will fit a very small Holland lop?
small ferret harness, more then likly ur gonna have to take a few back, i remeber when i got one for our holland lop and he just sat there and didnt move because it was to small


*looks at bunny sleeping and sighs, lazy*What kind of rabbit harness works, and will fit a very small Holland lop?
I personally use dog harnesses. I've found that the ones specifically designed for rabbits that have mesh on them irritate my rabbits, plus it seems harder to get my rabbits into them. As for the getting out thing, if the harness is properly adjusted and isn't too small, and you don't tug on the lead you attach, escaping won't happen. As a rule: you should be able to fit two fingers between the rabbit's body and any straps on the harness that go around the rabbits neck and chest.





Once a rabbit is done wrong, it may hold a lifetime grudge.
I have been a rabbit breeder for almost 10 yrs and if you need a good quality harness i would go to a local pet store, or a local ARBA show where they sell supplies for that particular kind of rabbit. To find out where the ARBA shows are google it, an it should come up in schedule form. they are all over the US so you should be set. In Kearney,NE they sell the good harnesses in pet kingdom, but idk where you live so ya. if you have more Qs then you may email e if you would like. Im always happy to help people out with their bunnies!

No comments:

Post a Comment