Saturday, January 23, 2010

Why does my rabbit have green fur under her feet?

For some reason my rabbit has green fur on her feet. They are not grass stains. I am not sure whether I should take her to the vet. Could it be like an infection that she got?Why does my rabbit have green fur under her feet?
I think it's because that you haven't really been cleaning her feet, if she is in pain it could be Gangreen! :(Why does my rabbit have green fur under her feet?
It sounds as if his footpad fur is getting a bit stained from whatever he's walking on, which could be newsprint, litter, or even his food. White fur will often age to a sort of greenish color, and it's really nothing to worry about.





As long as he's eating and drinking and pooping, well, I wouldn't worry about the fur color. It's normal for the fur on the bottom of the feet to be darker and coarser than the fur on the rest of the body.
its pee stain. clean out his cage, and make sure you have a cage that allows waste do drop below. if he is walking around in the soiled bedding, he will get really sick. Make sure you are not using cedar bedding! cedar kills small animals! rabbit waste is no joke

No comments:

Post a Comment