Saturday, January 16, 2010

At what age can I move my rabbit outdoors?

Have been told my baby rabbit will need to build up fat reserves before going outdoors but how do I know when this is?At what age can I move my rabbit outdoors?
I have had my rabbit since it was 4-5 weeks and we put it straight outside he has been fine and seems happy if the weather is going to be really windy we put him back inside for the night but other than that we keep him outside i think any age after 4 weeks should be fine dont do it anytime before that because you dont want the rabbit to be scared or upset dont worry about putting it outside it will be fine and probabily happier because its got a fresh breeze and the sun i hoped i have helped you and you and your rabbit areboth happy :) good luck :)At what age can I move my rabbit outdoors?
I had to litters born outdoors one on the 1st March and the other on the 21st March
i have had 5 rabbits and did different things with each of them. My first was from the liter of my friend's rabbit. That rabbit went straight outside. i bought it a huge run and hutch so it was fine. My second rabbit was from a pet shop. it was very small and weak. During the first year i kept the rabbit inside in winter. after 4 months i put the rabbit outside. That was the beginning of April. It really depends on what the rabbit was used to before you bought it. Start it out inside during the cold months and when it gets warm (summer) let it live outside. never put rabbits straight into the cold.
my friends rabbits are all ways outdoors, they have been outdoors ever since they got them. maybe put it in a hutch outdoors.
well i moved mine out at about 10 weeks and he was fine
Get it inoculated against myxomatosis first.

No comments:

Post a Comment