Monday, January 18, 2010

Can a house rabbit get around ok on a lamite floor?

I'm thinking of getting a house bunny but as my flat is entirely wood laminate, no carpets at all and tiles in the bathroom and kitchen, I was wondering if a bunny will have enough grip on the floors or would it would slip around all over the place. I've looked on all sorts of websites and found nothing referring to flooring.... Anyone have any idea?!


Thanks! =)Can a house rabbit get around ok on a lamite floor?
I have wood floor in my house too. When I my rabbit walks around he is okay. But when is about to run, he kinda stays in one place for a while until he actually goes. I think the reason why is b/c it is slippery. But other than that is perfectly fine. And tile floors are great. My rabbit love our tile floor b/c it a cool. So whenever he got hot, he would just lay down on the tile floor. Another thing u can do if your slips. Put some carpet around. I recommend you to get a mini lop eared rabbit. GREAT bunnies. The best!Can a house rabbit get around ok on a lamite floor?
Not a good idea.





Bunnies don't just hop and will run, jump and everything else. At high speed he could do some serious damage to himself if he hit a door frame, furnature etc.
if you do, put some polish on the bellys and they can clean the floor whilst they play.





on a serious note, I doubt they would go on it they wont have any grip, they may scratch it up too if they panic when they try to move and cant.





best bet is to lay a big rug down so they they play on that.
Not a good idea as it is like you trying to walk on ice
It will probably slide all over the place.
Get a rug.
Yes they can....and you could buy a really cheap mat for different texture/warmth for it! House rabbits are very cool and chewy.....
They generally hate laminate because they skid and you can hear their nails scraping it. (I know i have a house bunny) I suggest either get a large rug..that you dont mind being sratched and eaten or find a local carpet shop and buy an offcut of carpet for your bunny to play around on. That way you should be fine.
if the house is too small no
my daughter has two drawf rabbits. she has laminate flooring and they wont go on it at all as they skid like mad. if you put a large rug near their bed/hut they will stay on the rug.
Ours goes outside during the day and stays out in a hutch if the weather is good - but also has an indoor cage - he is more than happy in our conservatory - just something they either like or dislike I suppose! good luck x

No comments:

Post a Comment