Monday, January 18, 2010

Where is the best place in America to hunt rabbit?

I'm looking to rabbit hunt and have no idea where to start. Also, what kind of gun should I use?Where is the best place in America to hunt rabbit?
If you find an old farm somewhere that has alot of grass, brairs and brushpiles that would be a good place to start. Go around kicking every brush pile and clump of grass and bunnies will start jumping out. When you get tired of kicking every brushpile get yourself a beagle or two and they will find the rabbit for you and circle the rabbit to get you a second shot.


As far as a firearm, I would suggest a smaller gauge shotgun such as a 410 or 20 guage. I have also used a 22 but don't like it much when hunting with dogs and I have to wait for them to stop to get a good shot.


My check list for hunting rabbits this weekend was two beagles with collars and bells, shotgun with handful of shells, carhart bibs, Blaze orange hat and vest.Where is the best place in America to hunt rabbit?
Pennsylvania is great rabbit hunting.* Use 20 or 12 gauge shotgun with number 4 shot. Get out in the woods %26amp; fields you'll find them.*
Just my humble opinion but i think Lodi,Ohio is the best place on earth. Every time i go to my buddies farm i get my limit in under an hour(with dogs) or hour and a half(without dogs.)





I don't know about that rabbit hunting with the 22 LR thing I have just always used a 20 gage shotgun.Using a 22 seems as though it not work to awful well (at least where i'm from.) The rabbits just move too fast and they tend to live in heavy brush.
The best place to hunt bunnys is the playboy mansion, california .
Inside almost any hutch.





Best gun would be an assault rifle
Anywhere there's a prairie and tall grasses. Weapon of choice? Use either a .22 LR, or a shotgun with about #6 shot. Some extra things to consider though is the range and accuracy you have with a .22, as opposed to the shotgun, but the shotgun allows you to snap shoot on a running bunny.
I checked with my old buddy, Elmer Fudd. . .





He tells me open plains, near farms seems best for rabbits. He also tells me that, ';De waskly things are everywhere.';





Elmer tells me that he swears by his shotgun. However, I've seen him shoot and he hasn't hit that tall bunny with the carrot yet. So maybe a simple .22 would be best.
a rabbit farm

No comments:

Post a Comment