Monday, January 18, 2010

Can I add my dog poo and rabbit droppings to the compost bin into which I put vegetable peelings?

or should these be composted in a totally different way. Any advice you can give will be gratefully received as I'm a novice at this.Can I add my dog poo and rabbit droppings to the compost bin into which I put vegetable peelings?
i wouldnt use the dog poo this breads all sorts of nasty bactiria and smells terible i would make a dog toilet by diging in a corner somewere in ur garden dig about 4ft deap by 2ft by 2ft fill it 2ft deep with pee gravle then 1ft of about 10mm pebles then the rest with small cobles about 20-30 mm when you put the poo ontop you use a solution you can get from most pet shops to wash it down and break it all up you could even put a wishing well or something round it to hide it look at the link you dont need the actual container but its some idea of what i meen





http://www.doggiesolutions.co.uk/staywel鈥?/a>Can I add my dog poo and rabbit droppings to the compost bin into which I put vegetable peelings?
Rabbit poop yes, dog poop no! Poop from carnivores could contain bacteria and other pathogens that will eventually go back to you.
Rabbit droppings are fine because they contain organic matter but dog poo isn't good since in contains meat by products.
I would say yes as it will fertalise the plants more in the long run.
rabbit poo yes but not dog poo YUK flush it down the toilet!!
yes but it wont help
yes u should its very good for growing plants

No comments:

Post a Comment