Monday, January 18, 2010

Can I use my last hutch/rabbit supplies with my new rabbit?

I used to have a rabbit, so now I'm thinking of getting a new one. Is it okay that I use the same hutch, igloo/castle-thing (that my old rabbit used to go into and out), and other supplies?





I heard rabbits ';chin'; something to tell another rabbit to stay away, it's their possession/territory. Would my new rabbit stay away from these things? Do I have to buy an entirely different and new hutch?Can I use my last hutch/rabbit supplies with my new rabbit?
Don't waste your money on a new hutch. If you are concerned it won't like the smell of the last rabbit, which I don't think is going to be too much of a problem, buy a cheap pet spray to get rid of the smell. Wash the toys, bowls, igloo etc with a bleach formula and to get rid of the toxicness of the beach rinse that off with some water and soap and it will be shiny clean (got it from my rabbit book, best cleaning method) Your rabbit may hate the smell, or it may enjoy it. But if you want to be safe just a quick cleaning will save you lots of money.





If your former rabbit died of anything like a disease, a parasite, infection, etc it's a good idea to clean it's supplies diligently to make sure to get rid of any trace of the problem.Can I use my last hutch/rabbit supplies with my new rabbit?
you can use a mixture of bleach and water to wash everything down.. what did you first bunny pass from.. if a disease wash everything down. it's still a good idea to wash things first though
clean it first with pet cage cleaning spray. rabbits dont like soap and water scent . the scent of the old rabbit will cause it to dislike its new home and toys

No comments:

Post a Comment